Children and young people are being urged to beat the back to school blues by taking part in one of Newtownabbey Borough Council’s kids’ workshops.
The arts and crafts workshops will take place from September to December in Museum at The Mill, Ballyearl Arts and Sentry Hill.
The workshop programme is as follows:
• Saturday, September 7 - Young Impressionists: Spend the day with artist Janet Crymble and follow in the footsteps of the great impressionist painters. Museum at The Mill, 11am-3pm.
• Saturday, September 14 - Leafy Lanterns & Mobiles: Go leaf crazy at the autumn workshop. Create your own lantern and a fun leafy mobile to celebrate the changing seasons. Ballyearl Arts, 10am-1pm.
• Saturday, September 21 - Kite Flying at Sentry Hill: Be blown away with a funky kite making workshop. Design and make your own kite with artist Janet Crymble and let it soar above the lovely gardens at Sentry Hill, 2-5pm.
• Friday, September 27 - Mr Hullabaloo Story Circle: Get the weekend off to a fun start with Mr Hullabaloo’s series of interactive stories every Friday afternoon. Suitable for boys and girls aged 4-7 years. Price £24 for eight weeks. Ballyearl Arts, 3:30 - 4:30pm.
• Saturday, September 28 - Sculpture Culture: Use your imagination and make your very own 3D sculpture using recycled materials with the help of artist Janet Crymble. Museum at the Mill, 11am-3pm.
• Saturday, October 12 - Scary Spiders and Creepy Creatures: Halloween is coming …..be prepared to scare with your very own hand made creatures and freaky mask! Ballyearl Arts, 10am-1pm.
• Saturday, November 9 - Autumn Light: Create lanterns and wreaths to reflect the season and re-use jam jars to make colourful tealights. Ballyearl Arts, 10am-1pm.
• Saturday, December 14 - Kids Krafty Christmas: Get into the festive spirit by making your own custom designed gift boxes, wrapping paper, cards and giant snow flake decorations. Ballyearl Arts, 10am-1pm.
All workshops are open to boys and girls aged 8-14 years and cost just £5 per child unless otherwise stated. Booking in advance is essential for all workshops.
For full details log on to www.newtownabbey.gov.uk or call the relevant venue - Sentry Hill: 9083 2363; Ballyearl Arts: 9084 8287; Museum at The Mill: 9034 0129.