Time is running out for homes scheme

The Warm Homes Scheme is changing to Affordable Warmth but there are still places available under this scheme.

At this time of year we don’t think about our heating systems, but it is important that we do and if you need help paying for heating and insulation improvements in your privately owned or privately rented home, you, your partner or civil partner may be able to get help from the government’s Warm Homes scheme.

The scheme provides a package of energy-efficiency and heating measures, tailored to each household.

The Warm Homes Scheme has two elements:

• Warm Homes

• Warm Homes Plus

All applicants will be considered for Warm Homes in the first instance. The person must be the owner occupier of a dwelling, or in the case of private rented sector the applicant must be named on the Tenancy Agreement. Private tenants need permission from their Landlord.

Advice is still available on the telephone from 9am-4pm each day 028 90852271. Lunch is 1pm - 1:30pm. All personal callers to CAB are given a five-minute assessment.

Email advice is available on enewtownabbey@citizensadvice.co.uk

Pat Hutchinson MBE, District Manager, Newtownabbey Cab