THIS week’s recipe from Arlene Thompson of Sainsbury’s Try Team is a scrumptious new twist on a classic pasta dish filled with plump cherry tomatoes, tasty parma ham and fresh pesto.
Arlene says: “This recipe is one of many featured in the new ‘Whats cooking in the Sainsbury’s kitchen’ TV show aired on channel 4 at 12.35pm four days a week.
“Lisa Faulkner and Ben Shephard host the show and each day they have special celebrity chefs, like the Baker Brothers, cooking up loads of tasty recipes.”
Parma ham, cherry tomato and parsley pesto pasta
350g Sainsbury’s Fresh Fusili pasta
165g Sainsbury’s cherry tomatoes, halved
100ml olive oil
70g bag wild rocket
85g pack Parma ham slices by Sainsbury’s, torn into bite-size pieces
40g Sainsbury’s toasted pine nuts
1 bunch Sainsbury’s flat leaf parsley
100g Parmesan, grated
1 clove garlic, sliced
100g, toasted pine nuts
1. Preheat the grill to medium.
2. Cook the pasta to pack instructions. Drain, then run under cold water.
3. Meanwhile, place the tomatoes on a baking tray, drizzle with the olive oil and season with black pepper. Grill for 5-10 minutes.
4. To make the pesto place all the ingredients in a small food processer or pestle and mortar and blend until smooth.
5. Stir the pesto through the cooled pasta, followed by the rocket, grilled tomatoes, Parma ham and pine nuts