GLENGORMLEY Fire Cadets raised hundreds of pounds for the Gis A Hug Foundation on Saturday, April 9.
The cadets held a car boot sale and fun day at Glengormley Fire Station, collecting around £300 for the charity set up in memory of their former member, Neil McFerran.
Neil, and his friend Aaron Davidson, died from carbon monoxide poisoning in a tragic incident at a holiday apartment in Castlerock last summer. The 18-year-old life-long friends from Whiteabbey were both pupils at Glengormley High School.
The Gis A Hug Foundation is a charity founded in their memory and aims to raise awareness about carbon monoxide poisoning and the simple steps that can be taken to prevent it.
Read the full story in this weeek’s TIMES...