THE Gis A Hug Foundation has teamed up with Good Morning Newtownabbey to distribute more than 100 life-saving carbon monoxide (CO) alarms to elderly and vulnerable people across the borough.
The Foundation was set up in memory of Whiteabbey teenagers Neil McFerran and Aaron Davidson, who died from carbon monoxide poisoning while on a break at a holiday apartment in Castlerock last August. Its aim is to raise awareness about the dangers of carbon monoxide and the simple steps that can be taken to prevent cases of CO poisoning.
Johnny McFerran, whose son Neil died in the Castlerock tragedy, this week handed over 120 monitors to Good Morning Newtownabbey - a project based in Monkstown Community Centre which provides a free telephone care service to vulnerable and elderly people living within the borough.
Read the full story in this week’s TIMES...