Pet owners warned to be vigilant after cat poisonings

editorial image

A CARNMONEY woman has warned pet owners to be wary after three of her cats were poisoned over the past few weeks.

Cathy Farlam, from Carnvue Avenue, was left devastated after her feline friends Hobbes (10), Calvin (6) and Sony (7) were all killed within a three week period.

Post mortem examinations carried out by Clare Vets confirmed that all three cats had died after ingesting antifreeze.

“I’m not sure if someone’s done this deliberately or if it was an accident, but there are a lot of other people around here with pets and I wouldn’t like the same thing to happen to them,” Mrs Farlam told the Times.

Read the full story in this week’s paper...