Woman and dog rescued from house blaze

News
News
0
Have your say

An elderly woman was rescued from a fire at a house on the Antrim Road near Rogan Manor on Saturday afternoon, February 21.

It’s understood the woman was helped from the property by neighbours after the blaze broke out shortly before 5.30pm.

During a search of the property, firefighters wearing breathing apparatus found the woman’s dog lying unconscious in an upstairs bedroom.

A Northern Ireland Fire and Rescue Service spokesman confirmed that the firefighters, from Glengormley Station, were able to save the dog’s life by reviving it using oxygen therapy.

The fire, thought to have started accidentally, caused significant damage to the house.