This delicious lemon chicken is perfect barbecued in summer.
Barbecue-style chicken with tabbouleh
• 2 lemons, zest and juice
• 4 garlic cloves, crushed
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• 1.05kg pack chicken legs or chicken drumsticks
• 200g bulgar wheat
• 28g pack fresh flat leaf parsley, leaves picked and roughly chopped
• 28g pack mint, leaves picked and roughly chopped
• 335g pack cherry tomatoes, quartered
• 1 red onion, peeled and finely diced
• 1 teaspoon English mustard
• 1 teaspoon runny honey
• 225g pack flat breads
1. In a large non-metallic dish, mix zest and juice of 1 lemons with garlic and 11⁄2 tablespoons of oil. Add chicken and mix to coat. Cover with cling film and marinate in fridge for at least one hour. Meanwhile, put bulgar wheat in large pan, pour over 650ml boiling water and simmer, covered, over a low heat for 15 minutes, until liquid has absorbed. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in herbs, tomatoes and onion. In small bowl, whisk remaining oil with juice and zest of remaining lemon, mustard and honey, then toss through tabbouleh. Season with freshly ground black pepper and cover until needed. Preheat oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6. Cook chicken for 40-45 minutes, until cooked through.Warm flatbreadon barbecue on either side. Serve with chicken and tabbouleh salad.