Police investigate assault on teen

editorial image

Police are appealing for information after a teenager was attacked by two males in Glengormley.

It is understood the 16-year-old boy sustained a broken nose and concussion following the incident at a bus stop on the Ballyclare Road on February 9.

His mother told the Times her son had to undergo surgery to repair his broken nose and he has been unable to leave his home unaccompanied as he is “lacking in confidence” since the incident.

Police are appealing for information following the assault.

Sergeant Tate said: “At approximately 12.50pm on Friday, February 9, police received a report that a 16-year-old male had been assaulted by two males who had approached him as he stood at a bus stop on the Ballyclare Road, Glengormley. “He attended hospital for treatment to his injuries, which are not believed to be life threatening.

“I would appeal to anyone who witnessed this assault to contact police at Newtownabbey on the non-emergency number 101, quoting reference 585 09/02/18.

“Alternatively, information can also be forwarded to the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111, which is 100 per cent anonymous and gives people the power to speak up and stop crime.”