Translink has announced that the service provided to residents in the New Mossley area has been reviewed after changes were made last year.
Local residents and political representatives raised concerns with the Department for Regional Development and the public transport provider after cost-cutting measures were introduced in September.
As part of these measures, the 1B service, which catered for residents living in the Manse Way area, became very limited. This resulted in many residents, particularly elderly residents from the Bryan’s House social housing development being unable to walk to get the bus at other stops in the locality. After reviewing the services, Translink said that as of February 22, an off-peak service will be provided by the Ulsterbus Service 367.
The move has been welcomed by South Antrim DUP MLA, Pam Cameron. She said: “Having spoken at length to Translink over the past few months I am delighted that they have agreed to a new timetable which will see the 367 Newtownabbey Town Service now service the estate at regular intervals throughout the day. The new service will give back a great deal of freedom to residents.”