'˜Poison parsnip'beach warning

Dog walkers have warned of 'poison parsnips' washed up on beaches following recent stormy weather.

Thursday, 20th December 2018, 10:12 am
Updated Thursday, 10th January 2019, 10:23 am
The 'poison parsnip' plant.

The plant, also known as hemlock, has been spotted at Ballygally Beach and has proved fatal to pets previously.

It is highly toxic to animals even if it is just lifted.

The plants are also known to have washed up on Drains Bay and Browns Bay beaches outside Larne and on the shore at Trooperslane in the past.