A woman was rescued by firefighters from a house on the Tildarg Road in the early hours of yesterday morning (Monday).
The incident at the detached property took place just after 2am.
A Northern Ireland Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: “Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a hosereel jet to extinguish the fire in the kitchen. A 59-year-old woman was rescued from the house by Fire and Rescue Service. Crew administered oxygen therapy to the casualty for smoke inhalation at the scene. She was taken to hospital by ambulance. Crews ventilated the smoke from the premises. The cause of the fire appeared accidental.”
The Times understands that two fire crews from Ballyclare and one from Ballymena attended the incident.