You could argue that May 4th is one of the most important days of the year.
And for many films fans across the globe, it’s definitely up there.
Star Wars Day is marked across the world today (May 4th ... may the force be with you, get it?) so in honour of the celebration, we’ve taken a look at the films in the franchise for some of our favourite quotes and characters.
So whether you see yourself as the dark or the light, love Ewoks or Wookiees or have REALLY strong feelings about the prequels - take a look at our list of top quotes from Star Wars, and let us know your favourites too.
1. “Aren’t you a little short for a stormtrooper?” Said by Princess Leia in A New Hope.
2. “Don’t call me a mindless philosopher, you overweight glob of grease.” Said by C-3PO in A New Hope.
3. “I’m a big deal in the Resistance.” Said by Finn in The Force Awakens.
4. “You were the chosen one! It was said that you would destroy the Sith, not join them.” Said by Obi Wan Kenobi in Revenge of the Sith.
5. “No. I am your Father.” Said by Darth Vader in The Empire Strikes Back.
6. I can assure you they will never get me on one of those dreadful starships.” Said by C-3PO in The Phantom Menace.
7. “The force is strong with this one.” Said by Darth Vader in A New Hope.
8. “Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force.” Said by Yoda in Revenge of the Sith.
9. You know, I think that R2 unit we bought may have been stolen.” Said by Luke Skywalker in A New Hope.
10. “Luke Skywalker? I Thought He Was A Myth.” Said by Rey in The Force Awakens.
11. “Chewie, we’re home.” Said by Han Solo in The Force Awakens.
* Honourable mentions need to go to R2-D2 and BB-8. Though we can’t understand exactly what the droids are saying, they are undoubtedly two of the franchise’s most-loved characters, with newcomer BB-8 enchanting audiences in The Force Awakens, when it was released last year.
What are your favourite Star Wars moments?